Prosecutors Disclosure to Newspaper.

This question isn't a perfect match for this forum, but it seemed the best place to ask this.

Recently I was in court and at that time the fact I have Advance HIV Disease was discussed within the context of the case.

Following this there was an article in our small town paper about my case. If you don't know about small town papers they always put your name, age and address in the article. In this article the Assistant Prosecutor stated in part "Unfortunately for us, Mr. Smith has AIDS...' Can he do that? I know that the transcript of the court records are considered public record, but a direct quote from the prosecutor? I live here with my wife and two kids. They are affected by this also. We've been told by friends, everything from sue them to report him to the Bar. Do we have a legal leg to stand on?

Response from Ms. Breuer

I'm not a lawyer, but this smacks of unauthorized disclosure to me. Yes, complain to your state Bar Association, but don't just complain. Ask about your options for redress. Your confidentiality has been violated for no good reason. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, please contact the American Bar Association AIDS Coordination Project in Washington, D.C. This is the kind of case they handle. Call them at 202.662.1025.

GENITAL RASH GROWING RAPIDLY
Employee