The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

recently uninsured needs medication
Jul 10, 2003

My coverage recently ended under my parent's costly COBRA plan because I finished school and just turned 25. I need short-term insurance primarily for medication cost coverage until I can get into my employer's plan . Is there a medication plan for that in CA? Or some other program to help with medication cost?

Response from Ms. Breuer

Please contact your local AIDS service organization ASAP and ask how to enroll in California's ADAP program. ADAP provides HIV prescription meds to people without insurance or people who do not earn enough to cover the cost. If you find that there will be a big gap and you cannot cover the prescriptions meanwhile, please contact my colleague Jacques Chambers at He has worked in HIV benefits for many years, and knows all the ropes. Please tell him I sent you.

Follow-up to: Medical Exams for Conditional Emplyment Offers

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint