FAA First Class Medical issuance to Pilots operating under CFR Part 14 FAR 91/121/135

I was recently diagnosed with HIV. As per the FAA Medical Form, I included the name of the drug (Trizivir) I am using for treatment. The Medical Examiner was unable to issue me a medical (FAA First Class Medical Certificate, issued each six calendar months, is mandatory to fly as Captain)certificate. As of right now, today, I am leagaly grounded and unable to obtain a First Class Medical certificate until the FAA Airmen Medical Certification Board, reviews my case and finds that I'm competent to operate an aircraft. They are requesting a multitude of test and results, I have heard that this process is most likely to take up to a year to recieve "authorizaton" from the FAA (after all testing/resutls have been submitted). Have you any information on this subject, or have you delt with this situation or like situations in the past. I'm on an expedited mission, as I'm scheduled to fly in three days from the date of this e-mail. If I can't fly, I'm not employed ... not a happy situation. If you have any information regarding this situation, I would appreciate it being forwarded to me. If it matters, I was diagnosed as of October 2002, started treatment immediately, became HIV positive in February 2003. Counts are - Load: 465, T-Cell: 1265. Thanks in advance for your time and information.

Response from Ms. Breuer

There are special requirements for pilots that we in this forum do not keep up with, since it's such a specialty. Your union should be the most direct pipeline to help with this. A year is outrageous. Please contact your union steward for help right away.

I apologize that this question did not receive an answer within three days. It was referred within the forum from one respondent to another.

Going Back to School
Possible eye exposure?