Health Insurance

In these unsteady financial times and the high cost of medication I find the need to ask, what would happen if I lost my job. As it is I live from pay check to pay check in NYC and barely have any savings. How would I be able to afford my much needed meds with no health insurance? Are there any agencies that address this issue? Your speedy respond would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Nervous Nelly

Response from Ms. Breuer

New York has a program to cover the cost of meds for people in your situation, called ADAP. Please contact your local AIDS service organization to ask about ADAP and getting yourself on the list. It's best if you can know ahead just what you'd need to do.

In the meantime, I suggest that you meet with your supervisor, ask for feedback about your job performance, explain that you want to do the best job possible, and generally make yourself irreplaceable at work. Don't mention your nervousness about losing your job. Just talk about how you can do an even better job. That way, you can replace worry with positive action. Go for it!

hassled by employer!!!
LAW