i recently tested hiv+ can my insurance co tell my employer

i recently tested positive for hiv..i had applied for life insurance and they did a swab test found antibodies turned me down and sent my results and said they were sending my name to a list...this is a private company and not related to my employer...in the past i got tested on a regular basis and until now i have been negative...i also was told that the swab test i was given was to test for drugs not hiv .i am in the process of the home access hiv blood test which i have taken before and waiting on those results..i think you would agree after i get those results whether it comes back neg or pos im going to my local health dept to have another test and let them know what is going on.i have been with my employer for 5 years and im not telling anyone at work for the risk i may get fired..a couple of life long friends know and i trust them..i do have health insurance and a regular doctor ...he doesnt know yet..i plan on going to him after i goto the health dept..will my insurance company tell or relay my status to my employer because of the drugs i may be receiving? united health care is my insurance co..do you think i should try and find another way do get the meds and medical attention im going to need ...i feel great besides being scared to death and am not having any symptoms but i know i need to start something very soon for my future health....if u could help me with this i thank you so much :P)

Response from Ms. Franzoi

The insurance company cannot disclose your condition to your employer. You have protection under HIPAA to maintain your confidentiality.

pre-existing conditions and long term care
Early Retirement Penalty