Disability Claim

I am currently disabled. SSA approved my disability claim for AIDS. I also have Short & Long tem disability from my ex-employer. I was terminated from my ex-employer because of Loss prevention issues. I stopped going to work 4 days before I was terminated. My ex-employer advised the insurance company that I was on administrative leave, and that I am considered working until the day I was terminated. I advised my supervisor that I was not feeling well I will not be going in to work at the same time the investigation began. My insurance approved the medical part of my disability but they claim that because I was working until the last day, as per my employer. I do not qualify for disability. Help please. My employer does not believe that I was really sick.. The medical records prove that I am disabled.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You need to file a formal appeal for benefits with the disability provider. You should include evidence of your inability to work from your doctor as well as any written documentation that shows you were not actively at work on the days in question.

blevinsg@sbcglobal.net
leave of absence