insurance

Hello, I was diagnosed with HIV back in October of last year. I have a tcell count of 650 and viral load of 120,000. I seem to have alot of fatigue and very little strength. My stomach is so upset at times that I cant leave the house. My question is..I am on State disability right now and getting ready to appeal my private(they turned me down due to the doctor not sending in enough info). My BF of a few years has asked me to marry him. The catch is, he lives in Germany. If I said yes and lived in Germany and USA would this affect my disability state and private and or SSI? Thanks so much for all you do..I look forward to the Q and A each month.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Moving to Germany should not impact your private disability plan benefit or your Social Security disability benefit. However, I do not know if it will impact your state disability benefits. I suggest that you call the state disability offices and ask what would happen if you were to move out of the country.

Misinformed Customer Reps
blevinsg@sbcglobal.net