Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

mortgage disability
Jul 2, 2003

i was diagnosed in october 2002 and before i started taking medications i took out a mortgage disabilty policy out on my home just in case ..question i,m working now parttime and am i qualified to draw on this policy now that i,m hiv positive and the fact that it was now 8 months ago and i was already diagnosed ???or will i be turned down flat??

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I cannot answer this question without having the policy to review. Review the terms of the policy and if it appears, based on your review, that you would qualify, contact the insurance carrier to determine whther or not you qualify for a benefit now.

Previous
poz dr. returning to practice
Next
Misinformed Customer Reps

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.