May 24, 2003
my question to you is , i have recently been diagnosed with hiv, i do work as a resident aide in a nursing home. do i have to notify them that i have been diagnosed with the hiv virus?
Response from Ms. Breuer
No. You do not perform invasive procedures. Just be sure that you never allow your blood to come into contact with a patient's mucous membranes (such as eyes, nose, mouth) or open cuts or broken skin. Your medical information is confidential. I urge you to maintain your privacy.
auto motive tech
- Myths Or Stereotypes About People Infected With Hiv
- During The Asymptomatic Stage Of Hiv Infection
- How Many Years Can People Live With Hiv?
- Is Shortness Of Breath A Symptom Of Hiv?
- What Type Of Pathogen Is Hiv?
- Under What Conditions Is There Potentially A Risk Of Hiv Transmission By Urine
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.