May 24, 2003
my question to you is , i have recently been diagnosed with hiv, i do work as a resident aide in a nursing home. do i have to notify them that i have been diagnosed with the hiv virus?
Response from Ms. Breuer
No. You do not perform invasive procedures. Just be sure that you never allow your blood to come into contact with a patient's mucous membranes (such as eyes, nose, mouth) or open cuts or broken skin. Your medical information is confidential. I urge you to maintain your privacy.
auto motive tech
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
- Can The Receiver Of Oral Sex Catch A Std?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Having Oral Sex?
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
- What Does Clear Vaginal Discharge Mean?
- After ARS When Do Symptoms Occur
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.