Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

2 year disability follow up
May 22, 2003

Lynn,

Thank you for your response to my question re: 2 year disability on May 2, 2003.

Per your advice, I went to my doctor and asked. His response - "It is not a Doctors responsibility to advise patients on disability." He went on and on about how if I decided it was time for me - they would certainly fill in forms - but they absolutely do not advise patients on this front.

I really feel trapped in a Catch 22 with no one offering advice. There must be some subjective criteria somewhere I can match to in order ot make this choice!

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I am sorry but I don't know what the criteria would be. I would think that your doctor would know if you are capable of working. He should be able to state what your limitations are and whether or not you are capable of performing the functions of your job. If he can state that you are unable to perform the functions of your job and verify it with medical evidence, the insurance company should recognize you as disabled. However, if your doctor feels that you are capable of performing the functions of your job, then you would not qualify.

Previous
Class Project
Next
Correct Answer About Life Insurance for Aids Patients

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.