2 year disability follow up

Lynn,

Thank you for your response to my question re: 2 year disability on May 2, 2003.

Per your advice, I went to my doctor and asked. His response - "It is not a Doctors responsibility to advise patients on disability." He went on and on about how if I decided it was time for me - they would certainly fill in forms - but they absolutely do not advise patients on this front.

I really feel trapped in a Catch 22 with no one offering advice. There must be some subjective criteria somewhere I can match to in order ot make this choice!

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I am sorry but I don't know what the criteria would be. I would think that your doctor would know if you are capable of working. He should be able to state what your limitations are and whether or not you are capable of performing the functions of your job. If he can state that you are unable to perform the functions of your job and verify it with medical evidence, the insurance company should recognize you as disabled. However, if your doctor feels that you are capable of performing the functions of your job, then you would not qualify.

Class Project
Correct Answer About Life Insurance for Aids Patients