Caregiver HIV+

It was rumored that an employee is HIV+. With no real proof, it was ignored. When given a link to his website in an e-mail, the individual discusses HIV+ status. This person works as a direct caregiver for a young man with developmental disabilties who is not his own guardian. Am I required to disclose the employee's status to the guardian?

Response from Ms. Breuer

May I assume that you are the employer? You are required not to. Medical information is confidential. There is nothing in being a caregiver that puts the client at risk of transmission of HIV.

details of HIV/AIDS
Counld my HIV status be th reason I got fired.