|my dentist has tested positive for HIV
Apr 25, 2003
I found out my dentist has tested positive for HIV. Should I report the story to someone?
Response from Ms. Breuer
Yes. Your dentist. Don't believe anything about anyone's HIV status unless it comes directly from them.
Then ask all the questions you can about why this might bother you. Listen to your dentist's answers. I hear a lot of questions about dentists who might be discriminating against HIV-positive patients. It's equally unjust for patients to discriminate against dentists, especially on the basis of a rumor.
details of HIV/AIDS
- How Do U Distinguish A Regular Lump In Ur Armpit From An Hiv Lump?
- Treatment For Neuropathy In Arms And Hands And Legs And Feet
- Can Kissing Cause The Virus Hiv?
- Do Physical Examinations Check For Hiv?
- If You Catch Hiv In Its Early Stages Can It Be Cured?
- Is Having A Lower Back Pain An Early Sign Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.