Worries

I work for a major corporation. If I were to go to my doctor and get tested and I tested positive could my doctor tell the company I work for? I am trying to decide if I want to test with Home Access or go to my personal physician. I made a terrible drunken mistake but I need to plan ahead and not wait until the last minute to decide what to do.Thanks for your help

Response from Ms. Breuer

You have options. HOme Access is one. Anonymous testing through your local public health department is another. There may be sites where you can be given the "instant" test as well. Your physician is not always the best choice.

If you for some reason test positive (and I hope you don't), get yourself to your physician right away for a referral to someone who specializes in HIV. Especially for a new infection, this is vital. Your physician and the specialist have no right to disclose your HIV status to your employer. I would encourage you to discuss your expectation of privacy with both of them from the beginning.

Good luck to you.

Restaurant owner Having doubts?
my dentist has tested positive for HIV