Apr 25, 2003
In Texas if you were to test positive for HIV is there any law that requires you to report this to your company that you work for. Can your company terminate your employment?
Response from Ms. Breuer
No. No. Unless you're a surgeon, your employer has no business asking for your HIV status. You can be terminated for a lot of causes, but not for being HIV-positive itself.
Mandatory HIV Testing
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- What Is The Meaning Of Chlamydia Igm And Igg?
- What Is The Incubation Period For Hpv?
- What Does Hpv Do To Your Body?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.