Apr 25, 2003
In Texas if you were to test positive for HIV is there any law that requires you to report this to your company that you work for. Can your company terminate your employment?
Response from Ms. Breuer
No. No. Unless you're a surgeon, your employer has no business asking for your HIV status. You can be terminated for a lot of causes, but not for being HIV-positive itself.
Mandatory HIV Testing
- What Is The Risk Of Masturbation?
- Loose Stool Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Hpv Last In The Immune System?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.