The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Wife suing
Mar 31, 2003

I became infected in Sept or Oct, 2002. Elisa test was negative in late October. A week after negative test result known, had sexual intercourse with my wife. Three weeks later, another Elisa test was positive followed by a DNA/PCP positive test.

Told wife of test results early in December. No further sexual activity with her.

Her Elisa test was negative the day after telling her in early December of my positive tests and she had another negative Elisa test in mid January followed shortly thereafter by negative PCP and Western Blot tests.

She filed for divorce in mid-February threatening to sue me in Civil Court for mental cruelty as she says she can't sleep. We have a good Pre-Nup.

The fact remains that I never had sexual intercourse with her while I thought I might be infected during October prior to 1st Elisa (negative result) and then only 2 times prior to positive Elisa, DNA & Western Blot tests 3 weeks later.

Where could I find lawyers or others well versed in other lawsuits by spouses/girlfriends, etc? I need advice where I could get help (can pay for it).

Thanks a lot.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Your best resource for an HIV-knowledgeable lawyer is your nearest large AIDS service center. Even if they don't have an attorney on staff, they should have referrals. Go to the AIDS service center in the next large city if your local one can't help you. Or request a referral from your local ACLU or state bar association.

Hep C in elementary school?
Medical Information sent by electronic mail

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint