Hep C in elementary school?

My three year year old son is developmentally delayed and is in a class with other children with many different disabilites. My son has Hep C, contracted from me thru pregnancy and childbirth. He has been tested for geno-types several times, with no luck. I have been told his body is fighting the antibodies and the count is so low to detect a geno-type yet. He had a biopsy done when he was 1, totally normal liver.My concerns are for the other children as well as the teachers. What information can you give me to aid in all their safety from contracting it, and ease their concerns.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Protecting your son's confidentiality as you balance that with protecting the staff and other children is the challenge here. If I were you, I would learn the name and number of their seniormost medical person. Ask for the name of a medical person who advises the staff with whom you can discuss your son's condition under strict terms of confidentiality. It will be that person's obligation to make sure that the staff uses universal precautions, which is the reasonable level of protection in these circumstances. The least helpful thing to do is to disclose his status to someone who can't take school-wide action while maintaining confidentiality, such as his immediate teacher. Go for the pro.

Concerned hairdresser
Wife suing