Concerned hairdresser

Hello I am a hairdresser and work in a nursing home. I do a lot of HIV residents. Yesterday I was cutting this mans hair and it felt like I was stung by a bee I quickly washed my hands and poured peroxide on the area. It could have been a hair sliver too. Not knowing he was Hiv until after the fact made me worry . I need to know if there is any way a bug bite a hair sliver or lice could put me at risk? Thanks

Response from Ms. Breuer

As to bug bite, hair sliver or lice: no, no, and no. Unless he's hiding a needle and syringe in his hair, you don't have to worry. But the experience sure sounds unpleasant. You responded just fine, and you didn't even need the peroxide, in HIV terms. Soap and water will destroy the virus on unbroken skin.

Possible needlestick exposure on public transport
Hep C in elementary school?