Possible needlestick exposure on public transport

Hey. Today as i was travelling home on the train, a lady ran past me with what appeared to be a syringe and needle in her hand. There were trackmarks on her arms, and she was eventually escorted off the train for being abusive. As she ran past, i felt what i thought was the needle, brush against my forearm. A small superifical scratch appeared, however no blood was drawn. It went red, like that when say a cat scratches you without breaking the skin down.Is this valid? Should i get post-exposure prophylaxis or is that over-the-top? Cheers.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Close encounter of the needle kind, but not exposure, since there was no access to your blood (skin remained intact). You now have one of the most hair-raising public transportation stories in your circle of friends, I'll bet. But you dodged the bullet. Cheers!

Informing HR managers of HIV status
Concerned hairdresser