Changing jobs what happens to my medical coverage

Hi Guys,

I have been tested positive and on medications or the past two years. There is a strong possibility I will need to find another job. I have worked for a non-for-profit for ten years and with the signs-of-the-times my long term employment is unsure. For the past ten year this organization provided medical coverage through a private health care carrier. My question is when switching employer and consequently medical coverage is there a chance I will not be covered by the new employer?s health care carrier?

Oops, I?ve got another question, my understanding of the pre-existing clause the health care providers have is almost nil. Can you enlighten me.

Thanks Guys

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you go to work for a new employer who offers a health plan, you would be eligible as long as you are hired as a full-time employee in a job classification eligible for benefits. Even if the new employer's plan has a pre-existing condition clause, it cannot be for a period greater than 12 months and the plan must recognize your prior periods of coverage towards this 12-month period, unless you had a break in coverage of greater than 63 days.

Primary vs. Secondary
loss of employee benifits.