LTD Conversion Rights

In the March 4 edition of The Body you told a questionner that some LTD policies had conversion options or rights that allow the policy to continue if the beneficiary leaves the job (in this case to work for himself). I haven't heard of this as an option for LTD policies in Canada, and wondered where I could get more information on this option, and, even better a sample policy, to use as an example for Canadian insurance providers. If there is an association of insurers, or a particular insurer, that could help me, I'd really appreciate any contacts you could give me. Many thanks in advance! Cheers Ken King

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I would suggest that you contact an insurance broker in Canada and ask him which carriers offer this option. I know that UNUM offers this in their U.S. contracts.

End of Coverage
Health Insurance Eligibility of HIV + person