Antonio

I found out that it would cost me out of pocket 3000.00 to have the surgical proceedures done to my face neck and hump for the removal of lipidystrophy. I am on SSDI with a limited income. Are there any organization out there any where who could assist me financially to have the surgery done? I have been going through hell emotionally because of this and being an actor, singer my apperance has kept me from attempting to go back to work. signed a discourage entertainer

Response from Ms. Breuer

Please contact several AIDS service organizations directly to ask about this. Start with your local organization and get referrals from there. I am not aware of any agencies that offer the specific service you describe, but there may be physicians who offer deep discounts on these services for people in your situation. It wouldn't hurt to ask your SSDI counselor, either. In addition, please check with Jacques Chambers at www.helpwithbenefits.com. He's been working in the field of public benefits for years, and may know of a source I'm not aware of. I wish you the best!

Mitrochrondial = Lipo
Night Sweats