Question about body fluids

I work in a Psychiatric Unit, and often work with patients who are HIV+. I have two questions.

I was working with a patient with HIV Dementia, and was attempting to put him back to bed. When I grabbed a hold of his sheets to cover him, I noticed that his sheets were soaked in urine...and I had a fresh cut on my finger. What are the chances of acquiring HIV in this manner.

My second question has to do with saliva. What is the likelihood of HIV being transmitted when a patient accidentally spits while talking, and it lands in your eye?

These may sound like stupid questions...but any information that you could offer me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Response from Ms. Breuer

Please run, do not walk, to the transmission information section of this website. Neither urine or saliva is a fluid that transmits HIV, but given where you work, you really need to know a lot more about what fluids DO transmit HIV and how. Please educate yourself NOW before you make a serious mistake at work.

vascination
Dropping CD4 Count Rapidly