exposure concern

Thank you so much for this service you provide. I will greatly appreciate any response you can provide to my situation as it has me worried. While using the bathroom at work I noticed something on the back of the seat that may have been menstural blood. My concern is if I unknowingly brushed the toilet paper against whatever was on the seat and then wiped myself, would I be at risk for an HIV exposure since mucous membranes would have been involved? Thank you for your time.

Response from Ms. Breuer

There are many versions of this question, but the answer is always the same: No. Please read the transmission section of this website to learn why HIV is not transmitted via toilet seats.

worried plumber!
herptic esophagitis