worried plumber!

Oh Nancy --- upon working on a toilet at a fraternity house, I peeled back a finger nail which I snagged, thus exposing tender skin (no blood) I am so worried that the tender skin was an entry point for HIV infected semen with me touching the toilet bowl without gloves. There was a four hour period between use of the toilet by a male and the time I touched it. I am so frightened. Please advise if I am at risk for HIV and if a test is necessary. Thank you!

Response from Ms. Breuer

No risk. NO need for a test. Please go immediately to the transmission information section of this website and read about what it takes to transmit HIV. In your line of work, you could waste a lot of good stomach lining on worrying about things that aren't risks.

Former employer discloses Status
exposure concern