Navigating paperwork for nursing school what a mess!

I think this site is great. But.... I am Hiv+and triing to enter a nursing program. I have been to 3 Drs ( HIV Doc, a clinic DR and the health dept) All 3 think its great that I want to become a nurse, they all said go for it and good luck Your healthy and you have alot to offer. Great!!!. Now I pull out the medical exam that is requested by the school. ALL 3 OF THEM CHOCKED! All I asked of them was to not disclose and use some of the suggestions that have been given here in this forum. ( all the Drs agreed with what I was asking and saying from things here in this forum)Until I whipped out that little piece of paper.It was kind of funny watching them dance. Two of them stated they could not complete it with-out disclosure and they stated they would worry about they're liability and law suits. The 3rd said they would contact someone so they could fill it out correctly so it would'nt be a problem for me, I haven't heard from that one since that day. I've kinda have lost faith in these Drs. When it came down to putting the pen to the paper they would'nt back up what they have previously said and these people are responsable for our care??. I have serious doubts. I have contacted several agencies and most of them say contact this one or that one or write here or there> (whatever). I have even contacted an advocate for disabilities and I almost fell over from the response I was given. (Go to a Dr. that does'nt know you... ).( I could and pass an exam with fling colors,but what kind of things would I face if it came out???(ethics) Everybody says keep your mouth shut and go to school. Is this how they are doing it?? The CDC. Board of ED., IPN, MQA they all brush off the direct questions and in my opinion being evasive also raises doubt. Another attorney stated you can sue if they discriminate. I don't want to sue anyone, all I want to do is go to school to learn how to keep myself healthy and help others through employment in nursing. Obstacles like these are worse than the virus itself. Please suggest something that can actually be navigated. I know there are others out there going through the same thing. What should I do??? I can't tell you how much I want to obtain this goal. I am 40 years old now and have been positive for 8 yrs. I haven't been seriously sick or hospitilized since. I was'nt hospitilized even when I was diagnosed. I have wanted to do this since High School and now that I have the opportunity to do it, it seems like its drifting away again along with my faith in our Drs. I appologize if it sounds like I'm going off but the frustraition at this point is driving me nuts. I know there is a way of doing this correctly. Any suggestions????

Response from Ms. Breuer

Many nursing school students are HIV positive. Perhaps you could interview one to ask how they got in and how they're doing?

You seem to assume that if the school knows your diagnosis, you won't be admitted. To avoid struggling against a problem that doesn't exist, call the admissions office and ask whether a person with HIV who is managing well would be considered for admission. You don't have to identify yourself.

The worst thing you can do is lie on the form. Don't lie. Answer honestly. If the docs with whom you spoke said they couldn't complete it without disclosing your diagnosis, then so be it. If you do your homework, you can be evaluated based on your qualifications, not on your diagnosis.

About to get tested in Rhode Island/Can I Get Coverage?
Can I Attend School