Insurance concern

I tested positive in October of last year,and concern about my job.( i have not started treatment, waiting on my viral load result from my family doc.). Now will my insurance report the diagnoses to my job? I work for a company who is in bankruptcy at this time and in re-structuring phase which involves lay-offs to cut cost. I'm concern that if they find out, they might lay me off. Is there any way i can keep my test result out from getting to my job?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Legally, the insurance company cannot disclose the nature of your illness to the company without your consent. However, in practicality, depending on what information, your company gets from the insurance company (such as reports on claims), your company might be able to discern the nature of your illness from those reports. If the company were to find out your health status and made employment decisions based on this, you might have some legal standing.

LTD canceled after years
Self employed health insurance coverage