About to get tested in Rhode Island/Can I Get Coverage?

I'm about to get tested for the first time in seven years, out of a general concern for my health. Unfortunately, I'm 25, work at a low-wage job and do not have health insurance. I know that certain states have laws regarding denial of health coverage people with HIV, but I can't find anywhere that has a comprehensive list of what those states are. Is Rhode Island one of them? If not, should I wait until I am in grad school (in the fall) to get tested so I can avoid the problems of not being able to get insurance? The prospect of delaying the test frightens me, but the idea of discovering I was HIV positive and then not being able to afford/be covered for good treatment frightens me even more.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I would suggest that you get an anonymous test. This way, it cannot be traced back to you.

Switching Jobs and Insurance
Follow up on becoming self-employed