|Breach of confidentiality
Feb 6, 2003
Recently, an off-work order was faxed to my employer. The nurse sent the top copy with the diagnosis on it. "AIDS". Is this not a breach of confidentiality? Is it grounds for a lawsuit? Where do I go from here?
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
The doctor has no need to disclose the naturee of your illness with your employer only the fact that you are unable to be at work and/or any work restrictions. I suggest you discuss this with your doctor's office. Whether or not you have the grounds for a lawsuit is something you should discuss with an attorney. I cannot answer that.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
- Can You Catch Hepatitis B From Saliva?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.