|TEEN WITH HIV
Feb 6, 2003
I received a response on my question for my 18 year old niece who is HIV+. The next question is how does she get insurance with a company that she works for without revealing that she is HIV+. Does she lie on her application or do most employers offer insurance benefits without asking questions for persons with HIV/AIDS
Response from Ms. Franzoi
An employer cannot ask questions about a job candidate's medical conditions. They cannot ask what her HIV status is and she would have no need to disclose her status. Once she is employed, she should entroll during the open enrollment period afforded new hires for the benefits she wants.
INSURANCE FOR A TEEN WITH HIV
Breach of confidentiality
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Reaction Paper Of Sexual Transmitted Infection?
- Can You Get Hiv From Giving Oral To A Girl?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.