Cobra Insurance

Thank you all for this wonderful resource! I recently started a new job in a small company in a different state. My insurance policy, under COBRA, was cancelled because the insurance carrier (CA Healtnet) does not operate in my new state of residence. I am at a loss of what to do. I have not disclose my HIV status to the company I work for. Please help, I having too many sleepless nights!

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If your new employer has a plan, I suggest that you enroll in it. (Hopefully, you are still within the period for which you are eligible to enroll, i.e., within the enrollment period upon employment or because it is within 31 days of the loss of other coverage.) If you can't enroll in your employer-sponsored plan, your only option will be a HIPAA policy. However, this is available to you only if you have not gone more than 63 days without coverage.

A game of chance: surgery vs. job loss.
INSURANCE FOR A TEEN WITH HIV