cancaling my wife health ins

my wife has bad lungs & need lung transplant. i have work my job for 14 years& same ins co. my boss wants to change ins co. the cnange would make my boss pay more money for the other ins.he want to cancal my policy & get single policy for me. they will try to fire me because of my wife health problems.i dont think i could find another ins co.to carry my wife because of her condition. i need to know what to do. my email adress is garyoliver@bluelight.com

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I suggest that you seek legal advice on how to appoach this. It would not be legal to terminate your employment due to your or your wife's health status. If your employer changes health plans and only offers single coverage, check with your employer to see if you would be able to cover your wife if you paid the premiuum for dependent coverage. If that isn't possible and her coverage is canceled, you should check into her COBRA rights. In addition, as long as your wife isn't without coverage for longer than 63 days, she would be eligible for a HIPAA policy. Check with a local insurance broker on the HIPAA policies available in your area.

mit placed on LTD benefits
A game of chance: surgery vs. job loss.