Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

cancaling my wife health ins
Feb 3, 2003

my wife has bad lungs & need lung transplant. i have work my job for 14 years& same ins co. my boss wants to change ins co. the cnange would make my boss pay more money for the other ins.he want to cancal my policy & get single policy for me. they will try to fire me because of my wife health problems.i dont think i could find another ins co.to carry my wife because of her condition. i need to know what to do. my email adress is garyoliver@bluelight.com

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I suggest that you seek legal advice on how to appoach this. It would not be legal to terminate your employment due to your or your wife's health status. If your employer changes health plans and only offers single coverage, check with your employer to see if you would be able to cover your wife if you paid the premiuum for dependent coverage. If that isn't possible and her coverage is canceled, you should check into her COBRA rights. In addition, as long as your wife isn't without coverage for longer than 63 days, she would be eligible for a HIPAA policy. Check with a local insurance broker on the HIPAA policies available in your area.

Previous
mit placed on LTD benefits
Next
A game of chance: surgery vs. job loss.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.