Feb 2, 2003
I am 40 years old with AIDS and been on LTD for 6.5 years. My health has been stable and I fear I may not qualify as disable according to SSA defintion. If this happens, how would this effect my private disabilty insurance payments. Now my private insurance payments are reduced by the amount of SS payments? How do you know in advance what criteria the SSA uses to determine disability?
| Response from Ms. Breuer
The best source I know for information on how SSA and private disability payments interface is www.helpwithbenefits.com. My long time friend and colleague Jacques Chambers, who hosts the site, can give you the best answers to this set of questions. I'm delighted that your health is stable!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Two People Who've Never Had Sex Get Std?
- Pain In Urethra After Sex (not An Std)
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.