Disability Payments

I am 40 years old with AIDS and been on LTD for 6.5 years. My health has been stable and I fear I may not qualify as disable according to SSA defintion. If this happens, how would this effect my private disabilty insurance payments. Now my private insurance payments are reduced by the amount of SS payments? How do you know in advance what criteria the SSA uses to determine disability?

Response from Ms. Breuer

The best source I know for information on how SSA and private disability payments interface is www.helpwithbenefits.com. My long time friend and colleague Jacques Chambers, who hosts the site, can give you the best answers to this set of questions. I'm delighted that your health is stable!

Bushes Drug Numbers
new job new insurance