Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Disability Payments
Feb 2, 2003

I am 40 years old with AIDS and been on LTD for 6.5 years. My health has been stable and I fear I may not qualify as disable according to SSA defintion. If this happens, how would this effect my private disabilty insurance payments. Now my private insurance payments are reduced by the amount of SS payments? How do you know in advance what criteria the SSA uses to determine disability?

Response from Ms. Breuer

The best source I know for information on how SSA and private disability payments interface is www.helpwithbenefits.com. My long time friend and colleague Jacques Chambers, who hosts the site, can give you the best answers to this set of questions. I'm delighted that your health is stable!

Previous
Bushes Drug Numbers
Next
new job new insurance

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.