Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Medical insurance droped when requesting info on return to work
Feb 2, 2003

I have been on dissability for over 6 years, from HIV/AIDS. Due to recent improvement in my health I wanted to find out if I was eligable for rehire in my company. A very large copporation. At around the same time I paid my medical insurance electronicaly via the internet. The check did not go to the benefits depatment so they canceled my insurance. I called and asked what happened and they said that I had been released from long term disability. I have to wait till they review it now to see if I can get my insurance back. In the mean time I have no insurance. I was interested in returning to work but I need to keep my insurance running either way. The also did not tell if I was eligable for rehire. What should I do?

Response from Ms. Breuer

This course of events places you in a completely unacceptable place. I strongly urge you to write to my colleague Jacques Chambers, a great benefits guru and advocate, and get his help. You can reach him at jacques@helpwithbenefits.com. His website is www.helpwithbenefits.com. Those are the best hands I can put you into.

Previous
Can One Be HIV+ and a Nurse?
Next
KNOWING VS. NOT KNOWING

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.