Medical insurance droped when requesting info on return to work

I have been on dissability for over 6 years, from HIV/AIDS. Due to recent improvement in my health I wanted to find out if I was eligable for rehire in my company. A very large copporation. At around the same time I paid my medical insurance electronicaly via the internet. The check did not go to the benefits depatment so they canceled my insurance. I called and asked what happened and they said that I had been released from long term disability. I have to wait till they review it now to see if I can get my insurance back. In the mean time I have no insurance. I was interested in returning to work but I need to keep my insurance running either way. The also did not tell if I was eligable for rehire. What should I do?

Response from Ms. Breuer

This course of events places you in a completely unacceptable place. I strongly urge you to write to my colleague Jacques Chambers, a great benefits guru and advocate, and get his help. You can reach him at jacques@helpwithbenefits.com. His website is www.helpwithbenefits.com. Those are the best hands I can put you into.

Can One Be HIV+ and a Nurse?
KNOWING VS. NOT KNOWING