Can One Be HIV+ and a Nurse?

I recently posted this question on the general board, but someone kindly suggested it would be better answered here. I tested positive seven months ago and have since come to believe that I might make a fine nurse in an HIV or related area. I have looked into nursing programs at two local colleges. I have believed it ethical to contact the department chairs at each of these schools to ask if my HIV status would pose a problem, but to my surprise neither will return my calls and the reception has been chilly, to say the least. Will HIV pose a problem, if not a barrier, in this occupation? If so, I would certainly like to know about it now before I begin schooling. Thank you!

Response from Ms. Breuer

I know several very competent, successful HIV+ nurses. They all have kept their mouths shut at school and eventually at work about their diagnosis. Which is what I advise you to do.

Go to nursing school at the place where you can get the best nursing education. When it comes time to apply for nursing jobs, write again. I can help you with some good ways to navigate the job search. Good luck!

Do I have a Case
Medical insurance droped when requesting info on return to work