Do I have a Case

I am in a secretary position with a General Forman. He actually cannot fire me, however this man looses it and will yell and scream and curse at me. No matter how many time I request him to stop yelling he will not listen and is verbally abusive, threatening and intimadating. I have gone to the VP about this man and am waiting to see what he will do. This is not the first time the General Forman has done this to me. My doctor has written a letter to the VP about added stress in my life since I do have a rare incurable illness called Relapsing Polychondritis and I need to be immuneosupressed because of it. My condition worsens under extreem stress. This is more than light stress and if it continues I would like to know if I have a law suit for a hostile work enviorment. Who or what type of attorney should I look for if I have a case. I love and need my job, however my health is going down hill due to this abusive behavior. I live in Northern Florida

Response from Ms. Breuer

You need a lawyer's advice, since you have done all you have without improvement in your situation. Your VP has been put on notice. S/he might notice the notice if a letter from a lawyer asking what has been done about this comes in. Believe me, it's worth the expense. As to "do I have a case?", I'd have to ask, "Do you have five years and a spare $30,000 to pursue a case?" Buy a few hours of a lawyer's time instead!

Immunizations & menical exam for LPN program
Can One Be HIV+ and a Nurse?