Immunizations & menical exam for LPN program

I am going through the application process for a LPN program. I've was diagnossed in 1995. 1. I have HIV. I can not have the Ruebella or MMR shots. Its a live virus, and will be considered non- immune. will this in anyway stop me from going to school or eventually obtaining my license? 2. There is a question pertaining to communicable diseases. ( Is the patient free from any communicable disease which would jepardize the health of patients?) My HIV would not jepordise the health of my patients, but I do have a communicable disease. ??? 3.Is the applicant taking perscribed medications? Help,how would one get around this question with out telling a lie? I realize this is pertaining to job performance only, but how would my doctor answer these questions ? my DR is so black and white . He has no gray areas.

I am healthy. Would it be better to go to a walk-in type clinic and a new Dr. to have this exam done.

Response from Ms. Breuer

There is no reason for a nurse with HIV not to be able to work normally.

Ask your doc about the immunization questions. There are plenty of HIV+ nurses, so this is not a new question. Or ask the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, www.anac.org. They're the real specialists.

You do not have a communicable (airborne) disease when you have HIV. YOu have a bloodborne disease.

As to the "prescribed medications" question, obviously the answer is "yes." Never lie on insurance or job applications. But the question does not ask you for your diagnosis. Talk with your doctor about the language you need to protect your privacy. You are taking medications to combat a virus. Which virus is none of your employer's business. He doesn't need to have "gray areas" to do this. He needs to understand your right to privacy. Is he an HIV doc? If not, scram! Get yourself to an HIV doc and stay there! Have you read the data on how long people live when they have a doc who is or is not an HIV specialist? It's the single most powerful factor in predicting your health. We need more nurses, so please take great care of yourself.

hepa,b,c,d,e?
Do I have a Case