Can I accept academic possition within the US?

Hello, I am have an offer to join US university as a postdoc in physics, is there any possibility to do so if I am HIV+? Will I be somehow cowered by medical insurance? Will the insurance company refuse me if I fill properly my status to some form? Thanks for coherent and complex answer.

Response from Ms. Breuer

The US has some of the world's most restrictive rules concerning travel to/living in the US on the part of people who have HIV. I urge you to turn to your consulate for help on this one. You could turn gray before our HIV immigration rules start to make sense. If you join the staff of a university, it is entirely likely that you will be covered by the health insurance plan. I'm just worried about getting you through customs.

age discrimination
Disclosure and the Law