|Can I accept academic possition within the US?
Feb 2, 2003
Hello, I am have an offer to join US university as a postdoc in physics, is there any possibility to do so if I am HIV+? Will I be somehow cowered by medical insurance? Will the insurance company refuse me if I fill properly my status to some form? Thanks for coherent and complex answer.
| Response from Ms. Breuer
The US has some of the world's most restrictive rules concerning travel to/living in the US on the part of people who have HIV. I urge you to turn to your consulate for help on this one. You could turn gray before our HIV immigration rules start to make sense. If you join the staff of a university, it is entirely likely that you will be covered by the health insurance plan. I'm just worried about getting you through customs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.