Feb 2, 2003
can i fail a dept of trans physical for aids if it does not affect my ability to drive a truck. i have no side affects from meds,and continue to work like i always have. i am worried the company doctor can refuse to pass my physical. all my insurance is thru my job.
Response from Ms. Breuer
Your physical is intended to determine if there is any reason you could not safely drive a truck. It isn't a general physical. Ask your doc for help in explaining what your meds are. Rather than naming them, you can provide information about what they do (treat you for a virus) and have your doc provide documentation that you do not suffer side effects from the prescriptions. If you are asked a question about whether you have any condition that could interfere with your driving a truck safely, the answer appears to be no; you say you continue your work as always. Best of luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- Would Gonorrhea In Your Throat Cause Swelling
- What Is The Difference Between Canker Sores And Herpes?
- What Causes False Positive For Syphilis Testing?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.