dot physical

can i fail a dept of trans physical for aids if it does not affect my ability to drive a truck. i have no side affects from meds,and continue to work like i always have. i am worried the company doctor can refuse to pass my physical. all my insurance is thru my job.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Your physical is intended to determine if there is any reason you could not safely drive a truck. It isn't a general physical. Ask your doc for help in explaining what your meds are. Rather than naming them, you can provide information about what they do (treat you for a virus) and have your doc provide documentation that you do not suffer side effects from the prescriptions. If you are asked a question about whether you have any condition that could interfere with your driving a truck safely, the answer appears to be no; you say you continue your work as always. Best of luck!

Should I Change Jobs For Better Security?
age discrimination