Dec 30, 2002
I live in New York. I work for a state agency for 18 years. I purchased disability ins about 3 years ago,just to have it. I have always been HIV neg. But now I think my status will change going to test soon. How do the insurances work on this? Will I loose my job?Will I still get my disability ins? Thanks God Bless Very scared
Response from Ms. Franzoi
Since you already have disability coverage, testing positive for HIV would not have any impact on your disability coverage as long as you continue to pay your premium. With respect to your job, your HIV status is confidential and is not a reason that the state could use to terminate your employement.
need health insurance
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis B Test Return A False Positive?
- Can Two People Who've Never Had Sex Get Std?
- Can You Get Genital Warts When Giving Oral Sex?
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- Bleeding While Giving Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.