Is one state better than another?

I am very upset. My partner is on disability and has both Medicare and Medicaid in Illinois. However, the clinic we use is "part-time" and we found that out the hard way when he was recently hospitalized. Bottom line - is there a state/location that would be optimal to live in for both his benefits to be intact (or improve) and get high quality care on a regular basis? (my job is flexible, so location is not a concern to me)

Response from Ms. Breuer

This is a great question. There are HUGE differences between states in how coverage is handled. There are also major differences between care providers who see a lot of HIV and care providers who do not. I can't give you a state by state rundown, but generally, the largest caseload states (New York, California, Washington DC, Texas) and the largest metropolitan areas within those states would be the best places to explore benefits. This is a great question for a good benefits site that is quite new. I'll insert the link. Thanks for the question, and I wish you well. How great that you have such flexibility! help with benefits

Afraid Dr & Ins Co will inform Employer
LTD Application Process