Afraid Dr & Ins Co will inform Employer

How can I tell if my Co. is self insured? I pay a and the Co. pays a for Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO coverage - is this fully insured or Co. self insured? What measures can I take with a Dr. to ensure his confidentiality (except notification by law to the Health Dept.) will he sign a confidentiality letter? And how can I be sure that Blue Cross Blue Shield will not report back to the Co.?

Response from Ms. Breuer

The best way to learn whether your company is self-insured is to call Blue Cross itself, using the contact information in your plan summary, which was given to you when you enrolled in the plan. Ask what measures they take to ensure your confidentiality in the reports they provide to your employer. Information that you provide to your doctor goes into your medical file; ask your doctor directly about the places that file can go. If your company is functioning in the way that well-run plans do, your employer receives only summary information about uses of the insurance program, not specific to any employee by name. Keep asking questions until you are satisfied of your confidentiality. It's worth protecting.

drug testng
Is one state better than another?