returning to work/can't get insuredI have been living with HIV for 10 years. Over the past four years I have seen my general health improve to the point where I want to return to work. Further, my good health and progressively better lab results have put

I have been living with HIV for 10 years. Over the past four years I have seen my health improve to the point where I want to return to work.

I have an excellent job offer in Atlanta Georgia that offers a good salary, a way back into the workforce, andmmost importantly a way out of the isolation and sense of uselessness that comes with being disabled. Unfortunately this new job doesn't offer group medical insurance and my attempts to find an individual medical policy have all failed. It seems that no insurer will allow me to participate and my inquiries to the various HIV/AIDS service organizations in Atlanta into how to find insurance or some other mechanism for getting my antivirals have gone nowhere. Further my prospective salary puts me above the imcome ceiling for assistance programs yet isn't extravagant enough for me to afford to pay for these drugs out of pocket. Surely I'm not the only HIV positive person transitioning back into the workforce to hit this most serious of snags.

Does anyone have any advice?

Response from Ms. Breuer

Does your income put you above the Georgia ceiling for ADAP? If so, I regret that I don't have new ideas for you, except the suggestion that you contact the best benefits manager I know to ask about options. He is Jacques Chambers, and you can reach him at www.helpwithbenefits.com. I wish you well--you deserve this chance!

Return To Work & Age Discrimination
debilitating drug side effects