employer long term disibility

i am collecting w.c. for an occupational needlestick. i paid for my long term disibility insurance thru my employer in the state of pa. the disibility insurance company is pro-rating my ltd. can they do this if i paid the premiums? thankyou,.....mary

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I am not sure what you mean by pro rating. If you are referring to an offset of your LTD benefit by the amount of workers' compensation benefit you are receiving, that is typical in most LTD policies. Check the terms of your policy to see what offsets are provided for.

SSDI and back to work
Going from individual to group insurance