new LTD requesting proof of existing LTD that THEY replaced!

I have a new long term disability (LTD) plan which is a replacement for an existing plan ~in the existing LTD plan I was covered, so coverage should continue under the new plan regardless of my medical status. The LTD plan a group plan ~ I have filed a claim with the new plan for LTD ~ they are telling me they plan to deny my claim for a 'pre-existing condition' unless I prove to them I have the existing LTD ~ I called the existing LTD company to ask for proof ~ without success ~ the existing LTD told me they had never heard of such a thing ~ That I should contact my Human Resourse ~ I do not want to do that ! can you suggest anything?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I am assuming that your current employer changed LTD insurance companies. If this is the case, you need to contact your Benefits Department and have them work with the insurance carrier to resolve the problem.

PROOF OF PREVIOUS LTD INSURANCE ~PRIOR INS ACTS LIKE I'M CRAZY FOR ASKING!
ACCESS or treatment through my MSA?