PROOF OF PREVIOUS LTD INSURANCE ~PRIOR INS ACTS LIKE I'M CRAZY FOR ASKING!

please help ~

I need proof that I had prior " LONG TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE " !~~~~ I have a 'proof of insurability' certificate ~ but it is for medical only ~ when I when I called the insurance company to ask for a cert for LTD coverage ~ 2 of them had no idea what I was even talking about ~ finally one guy told me he didnt think they ever provided such a thing ~ I really need this for a claim with a new insurance company ! do you have any ideas?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Certificates of Creditable coverage are required under HIPAA for medical coverage not disability. I have not heard of anyone issuing a certificate of long term disability coverage. I suggest that you contact your prior employer and ask him to provide you with a letter that states the period of time you were covered under the LTD plan.

HIV Medical Insurance Providers for CA and AZ
new LTD requesting proof of existing LTD that THEY replaced!