Switching jobs and insurance coverage

I was diagnosed with HIV this past June and currently my insurance covers the medications I need. If I make a job change, could I be denied coverage by a new employer's insurance carrier? I asked my doctor about this and he said what he has seen is most people get coverage unless it's a small company, then it might be a problem.

What can you tell me about this if I decide I would like to switch jobs? Also, is there individual insurance available for people with HIV?Thank you.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Your doctor is correct. If you were to change jobs and go to work for a company that offers health care benefits, you would be eligible for coverage regardless of your health status and even though you would have a pre-existing condition, as long as you didn't go more than 63 days without coverage, the new employer would have to recognoize your prior period of coverage towards any pre-existing condition exclusion period.

Work related disabilty for Federal employee?
Private Disability Insurance question.