Work related disabilty for Federal employee?

I work for the USPS in middle mangement at a job which requires me to be on my feet for long periods of time. I have been HIV+ for 16 years and for the most part I do not have any serious health issues related to the disease. However, I do have increasingly severe neuropathetic pain(whether from the desease or the medications) which is further complicated by deteriorating arthritis in my feet and legs. The quality of my life is seriously effected and I just can't continue in my present situation. This has been a difficult decision and I'm not ready to close down my life completely. I've exhusted most of the RXs for arthritis which don't interfer with the antivirals. To make a long story short- Can I make a case that my health problem are in some part related to the function of my job? Economically, this makes a huge difference. I can't seem to find anyone with expertise in this area. Any ideas?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I am not sure what your question is. It sounds like you are asking if you have a workers' compensation claim. If this is your question, I suggest that you speak with a workers' compensdation professional or attorney.

Short term denial
Switching jobs and insurance coverage