The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Short term denial
Oct 30, 2002

I am currently under a doctors care for Aids. In February of this year my t-cell count was 320 viral load undet. In july it jumped to 538 viral load undet. I have several bouts of explosive diahreah daily. Severe sweating from arm pits.Constant fatigue. Shortness of breath walking short distances. Chronic cough.Migrains. Problems sleeping. Am taking Sustiva and Combivir and temazapam. Asked my physician if he would support me if I applied for disability. He stated yes. Applied for disability through work and after 2 mos. They denied claim stating that the doctor put on Certification of Health inability to concentrate which they could not find in medical reports. According to UNUM Provident the found several red flags in doctors office visits. 1. Office visits were considered routine.2. Asked doctor if he would support my disability. They advised me that if I have any further evidence I can submit for further examination however I need to appeal the decision. Should I contact an attorny for the appeal. Can a doctor ammend his original certificate with jeopordizing his reputation.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

First, contact your doctor, explain what the disability carrier has requested and have your doctor provide substantiating medical information to support your disability claim. If you are still denied benefits and you and your doctor believe you are disabled and unable to work, then it would be best to contact an attorney to assist you with an appeal.

will STD tests impact insurance in the future?
Work related disabilty for Federal employee?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint