Who really alredy knows?

I was insured through a work group insurance plan. While under that plan, I tested positive to HIV. The testing also included a viral load and t-cell count. The insurance companyu sent me a two letters requesting authorization release of my medical file from my previous insurer before agreeing to by the claim. I responded to neither. Although there is no information in them pertaining to HIV.

That was about two months ago. Recently, I switched jobs and joined the new companies health insurance plan. It happens to be the same carrier that requested my medical record. What are the chances that my HIV status has been disclosed to my current CEO/CFO or human resource department. Are insurance companies allowed to openly discuss case specific information with an employer for purposes of premium explanations etc. Am I sressing about nothing?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I think you are stressing out about nothing. Information is not transferred from one plan sponsor's account with an insurance company to another plan sponsor, even if they are both with the same insurance company.

Disability / Long-term Care Insurance
Insurance - when to apply for...