Dried Blood?

Hi. I bought a toy for my child two weeks ago. It was not until tonight that I gave it to him. While assembling the toy, I saw a brownish substance on it. I cleaned it with soap and water and then gave it to my child. My child had the toy in his mouth and then I started think that the brownish substance might have been blood. So, I took the toy back to the store. My question is, if it was blood from an HIV+ person, could my child be at risk on getting HIV? This sounds far-fetched, but it does concern me enough to write you. Thank you for your time.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Soap and water destroys HIV. YOur child was not at risk from a clean toy in his mouth.

hiv confidentiality
Important Question